Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Twilight at Taronga 2019
Terms and Conditions are binding: tickets to the event are sold (including any resale or assignment) or issued, and admission to the Event is granted, on the express condition that ticket holders are bound by these Event Terms and Conditions and any other rules and conditions subsequently notified.
- Tickets are sold by Moshtix as an agent for Taronga Conservation Society Australia (Taronga). All claims are the responsibility of Taronga.
- No refund or exchange will be made on any ticket except as required by the Australian Consumer Law, in accordance with the Live Performance Australia code of practice or as otherwise specified by Taronga. If a refund is made, Moshtix may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged. See Cancellation and Refund terms below for more details.
- Taronga reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and / or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- Taronga reserves the right to cancel any performance due to dangerous inclement weather or for any other unforeseen reason. See Cancellation and Refund terms below for more details
- Ticket holders are not permitted to bring into the Zoo any animal, animal costume, ball, balloon, bicycle, scooter, skateboard, roller blades or similar apparatus, alcohol or illegal substance, flares or fireworks, laser pointers, knives or other dangerous weapons, glass, video recording devices, photography equipment and unauthorised solicitation materials.
- It is a condition of entry that a search of attendees’ person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of entry.
- Ticket holders seeking entry to Taronga Zoo are advised that they are entering a licensed area. Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter or will be removed from the venue. Alcoholic beverages or illicit drugs must not be taken into or from Taronga and are subject to immediate confiscation. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol, it is also an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol. Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police and penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2007.
- Taronga Zoo staff may refuse admission to or eject persons from the Zoo at its sole discretion
- Children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times.
- All attendees at Twilight at Taronga performances must take reasonable care to avoid injury to themselves and any other attendee. Except to the extent required by law, the Taronga Conservation Society Australia accepts no liability, for any injuries, losses, damages of any kind or nature to your person or property or to that of any minor under your supervision, while on the property of Taronga.
- The venue is an outdoor venue and whilst reasonable care has been taken to make the venue safe, the venue may contain dangerous and uneven surfaces. Entry to the site is at ticket holders’ own risk. Without limiting the generality of this:
– Appropriate footwear and clothing must be worn
– Attendees must not engage in hazardous activities including moshing, stage surfing or crowd diving
– Ear plugs should be worn if necessary
- Ticket holders must comply with any other conditions displayed in Zoo grounds or communicated by Zoo staff or security.
- Ticket holders must not seek access to any part of the Zoo other than the Concert Lawns and entry and exit paths and must follow all instructions for their safety while in the Zoo.
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Moshtix and Taronga, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission. For information regarding ticketing of live entertainment, or to obtain a copy of the Code of Practice for Event Ticketing contact Moshtix or refer to www.liveperformance.com.au
- All tickets purchased in the pre-sale will be limited to 10 tickets per customer.
- Taronga will enforce conditions of entry as per its authority under the Zoological Parks Regulation 2014.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All ticket sales are final and non-transferable. Refunds will not be made for inadvertently booking a concert on the wrong date or at the wrong venue.
- Twilight at Taronga is an outdoor event that may, at times, be affected by inclement weather. Guests accept that they are attending a performance on the Concert Lawns at Taronga Zoo in Mosman and adverse weather in Sydney or surrounding areas may not result in a cancellation of a Twilight at Taronga event. Guests also accept that weather may not be what they consider satisfactory and that Twilight at Taronga will proceed wherever possible, even in heavy rains and refunds will not be issued due to undesirable weather. We recommend that all guests come prepared for the likely weather conditions on the night
- Where inclement weather is determined to be a safety issue for our guests, performers and staff, Taronga may delay the start, suspend or cancel the performance. If a performance is cancelled, Taronga will endeavour to reschedule. Information about a rescheduled performance will be posted on the Twilight at Taronga website and via email. Please note that cancellation may occur at short notice.
- Where a cancellation occurs late in the series and a rescheduled performance is not possible, Taronga will provide refunds to guests as determined by the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice. Guests are entitled to a refund if they cannot or do not wish to attend a rescheduled performance. Information about refunds will be posted on the Twilight at Taronga website and via email.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS – TWILIGHT AT TARONGA
Taronga Conservation Society Australia
- Information on how to enter and prize forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a Game of Chance.
- Entry is open to Australian residents only who submit valid entries into this competition. Directors, employees and their immediate families of Taronga Conservation Society Australia (TCSA) Trading as Taronga Zoo and Taronga Western Plains Zoo (including spouse, parent, child or sibling whether or not they live in the same house), and printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and older.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: The Promotion commences on Thursday 14th February 2019 at 9:00am (AEST) and concludes on Thursday 21st February 2019 at 12:00 midnight (AEST).
- HOW TO ENTER: To participate, you must complete share, like and comment on the relevant prize post on Twilight at Taronga’s social media pages.
- The condition of all entries is joining Taronga’s communication database. By entering, you are agreeing to receive information and marketing material including by electronic mail from Taronga Conservation Society Australia, covering wildlife news and updates, promotions and conservation news. You can opt out at any time.
- Entry is limited to one (1) per person. No scripting is allowed for on-line entries (which will be deemed invalid).
- The winner will be drawn manually and at random from the total pool of entrants. Winners will be drawn at 9am each day after the relevant prize is posted on the Twilight at Taronga social page. The random draw will take place at Taronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Rd Mosman NSW 2088. One winner will be drawn from the pool of entrants as winners. The winner will be notified by telephone or email within 24hrs of each draw. The winners will also be announced on twilightattaronga.org.au within 24 hours of each draw.
- THE PRIZE POOL:
- 12 x Proud and Punch beach towels from Peters
- 11 x Burt’s Bee’s gift packs
- 1 x B&O H4 wireless over ear headphones
- 1 x FUJI Film Fine Pix cameras
- 12 x Ice cream vouchers from Peters, each voucher entitles recipient to 4 x ice creams at TZ for a validity period of 12 months
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winners. The Winners (and their guests) are responsible for expenses incurred, including spending money, meals, travel to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the Prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought prior to entering the competition.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied unless authorised by the Promoter. The prize value includes GST and is in Australian dollars and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or part of is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Prizes are not transferable to another person or exchangeable. The prize cannot be redeemed as cash, other goods and services or sold to a third party including online auctions and private sales. Unused portions of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the Prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The entrant agrees to participate and co-operate with the Promoter as required in any possible editorial and promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed to promote this competition (including any outcome) without remuneration. Winners also agrees to grant to the Promoter a perpetual and exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Winners may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter, at the Promoters discretion.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, malfunction of any telephone network or line, providers or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion. The promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the activity and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State and Territory Regulation.
- The Promoter is Taronga Conservation Society Australia / Zoological Parks Board of NSW (ABN 41 733 619 876) of Bradleys Head Road, Mosman NSW 2088. Phone: +61 (0)2 9969 2777.